Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore

Title: I Am Number Four
Author: Pittacus Lore
Started: 22/8/2011
Finished: 24/8/2011
Goodreads | Review List

Goodreads Synopsis: 

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


Review:

3 Legacies have lost their lives and now its Four's turn to be hunted. This is the 2nd book I've read that had a male protagonist as the main character. To be honest, I never thought I'd like the whole male lead but in Paranormal and Sci fi genres I couldn't careless of my past beliefs. Male leads rock!

I flipped throughout the entire book knowing only what I watched in the movie and constantly comparing it to it and I say the movie has ruined and missed a lot of the important parts of the story and that the movie is nothing compared to the book.

The book held its complete originality from the storyline about Lorien, the Garde, the Capens, the Mogadorians to well, just about everything. Even the romance in the book was realistic and oh thats what I wanted to read. An action-packed book filled with trilling moments and near death experiences for our protagonist. James Fray & Jobie Hughes has come together and seriously created a masterpiece that will make it to the movie screens till the end of the series. And I still can't get over the fact of how good this book is. I get how it went straight to the movie screens right after the book released. Guaranteed Unputdownable book.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Great review :) Can´t wait to read this book :D Need to read it.

    Absolutly loved the movie. So would probably love the book even more :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely watch a movie before reading the book -- but this one I did. I still haven't got to the book -- you have made me want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.