Sunday, August 7, 2011

Review: Intoxication Hitchhiker (As Darkness Falls) by Tim Kizer

Title: Intoxication Hitchhiker (As Darkness Falls)
Author: Tim Kizer
Started: 6/8/2011
Finished: 7/8/2011
Goodreads | Review List

Goodreads Summary: 


For the fans of Stephen King and Dean Koontz...

How do you force a confession out of a coworker trying to poison you? Do you kill those who dismiss your fears and believe you are paranoid? What do you do if you start questioning your own suspicions--and sanity--as you take the law into your hands?

In this disturbing tale of derangement, a young psychopathic woman is slipping into madness as she fights an enemy that may exist only in her imagination. She has to resort to desperate measures when she realizes that a gun, security cameras in her apartment, and constant vigilance will not be enough to survive.

Bonus: "Hitchhiker" by Tim Kizer, the first entry in the As the Darkness Falls series.
From description:
When a serial killer hitches a ride one sunny day in a beautiful California valley, he does not suspect that he may have met his match, who is dead set to take another life. The battle of wits begins and only the most devious mind will survive.
Review:


Intoxication is a collection of horror/suspense short stories that is said to appeal both Stephen King and Dean Koontz fans. I've read only a bit of Stephen King and nothing of Dean Koontz so I can't really compare.

At first I didn't know what I was getting into. Like usual, I prefer not to read the summary and just go straight into the story just to surprise myself. And it did. The story line for all 3 stories were solid but the writing seemed choppy but I guess that'll be easily fixed with further writing projects from the author himself.

The first of which was called Intoxication, I felt that it was the longest story in this novelette and the one that confused me the most. But I still enjoyed it despite its choppy sentence structure and best of all it was something new for me to read.

My favorite of the 2 would be Hitchhiker. It had an interesting plot even when the story was short. It had its suspense, horror and even some irony tossed in there. As the story goes a long I can't help but notice the style of writing it was different from other authors and again wasn't something but can evolve to something in Kizer's coming books.

Tim Kizer managed to write himself 2 good solid stories in one and it kept me reading but it isn't enough for me to read more. But then again. This isn't my genre but either way. I liked it enough to say it kept me reading from start to finish. 3.5/5 stars!

Thank you Tim for allowing me to review your book! It was a good read. 


Visit the Author here:


Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.