Monday, August 13, 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 5.0 Day 1 (My Literary BFF)


Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Hi all! I'm a first time bout of books read-a-thon... umm... reader? Well, this is my very first read-a-thon in general so I'm pretty excited to start-up. Since I'll only probably have the time to read tomorrow, I'd like to take this opportunity to sign-up, post up the goals and join some of the challenges of the day. 

I've already signed up, so now, here are some of my goals: 


  1. Start and finish the books shown above. 
    • I know... don't judge me for my choice of "last two" books. Curiosity killed the cat or me. Anyways, there's only 3 for now. I've only once finished 3 books a week. So, lets see if I can finished 3 again. :D
  2. Make new bookish blogger friends! 
  3. Finish another book if I finish all 3 before the 19th
    • Hopefully, I can finish 4 instead of 3 this week.
I'm going to start small first. Next time, I'll try for more goals. 

Now, for the challenges. 

Auggie @ Auggie Talk has a mini-challenge, where she asks us who are our Literary BFF, What we do together? What do we talk about?

My literary BFF is the one and only Carlos Fuentes from the Perfect Chemistry Series. I've always had a guy as a best friend and I feel way more comfortable with them than with girls. (He reminds me of my current best friend :D)

Lets pretend Carlos and I have been best friends since elementary. Don't worry, our friendship is purely platonic. We are only friends and forever will be. (No, I am not gay)

Carlos loves calling me at the wee hours of the day (while drunk) crying and venting out about how hurt his feelings are because of something Kiara did. At the point, I'm rubbing my eyes and just nodding and humming my agreements to whatever is keeping him up and drunk. Carlos does most of the talking in our friendship, including talking for me. So he makes my life easier.

We hang out at usual places (involving girls he'd like to go out with) and I'd always be his wing-man/woman. We talk about everything and anything. We only confide in each other with our secrets, especially his with his soft and cuddly side that no one knows about but me. 

Years later he found Kiara, and I was so happy that he finally has a girl who actually loves him for him, and not because he's part of a gang, or has a bad rep, but because he's a sweet and fluffy teddy bear underneath (Don't tell him, I said that). The big plus here is that Kiara is awesome. I totally love her and they both deserve each other. Sweetest things in the world!

Anyways, now that they're together, Carlos and I don't see and talk much anymore. The only time we talk is when Carlos gets a revelation and calls me up to apologize about something he did years ago. He's sweet, a dick sometimes but sweet. I can't imagine life without a text, call or message from him at least once every six months. Haha. Despite the distance, we know we still got each others back. 

---- END SCENE ----

He seriously reminds me of my bestie, who I miss terribly. :( 

Anyways! I hope you enjoyed reading! Let me know what your goals are for the Bout the Books Read-a-thon! 

Have a nice day! 

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow the answer that you wrote for the challenge is so original I love it :D ! Carlos is my favorite Fuentes boy too <3.

    "Curiosity killed the cat or me. " I totally understand I read Fifty shades of grey a few months ago because I was really curious too ^^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, Thanks for the comment! <33 Hahaha! I read a loooooot of books because I get curious about all the hipe about it. Thanks for the comment yet again! :DD

      Delete
  2. No judging for me! I'm a little curious, too. :)

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're joining us! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Naj! I think you can definitely read 4 books, I am going for 5, let's see...

    Well, Alex is my first Fuentes love! =D

    Here's my Bout of Books post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.